“Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening.” — Coco Chanel
Trending Stripes and Ruffles
This week is all about blue stripes! I’m so excited to finally share my Summer edits with you Guys filled with outfit inspiration and tips! I will always be a pencil dress girl at heart, but when summer hits, I am all about ruffles and stripes. I’m obsessed with exaggerated bows, ruffles, stripes, lace, off the shoulder and cold shoulder beauties, summer slides and these are just a few of the fabulous details that are upping the attitude of Summer 2017. SO stripes… if you want to be just a tiny bit fashionable this summer you must have at list one item that feature those? Right? Universally flattering, go-with-anything stripes are so easy to wear and work so well with everyday summer essentials like jeans and shorts and you don’t have to spend ‘designer’ amounts to acquire one of these beauties.
10 signs your stripy fashion obsession is getting out of hand (like mine has)
1. Every time you buy a new striped top or a dress, you promise yourself it’ll be the last one and yet time and time again you end up buying more.
2. Long sleeved, short sleeved, cold shoulder thick stripes, thin stripes. You literally own them all.
3. You worry that people think you only own one top and wear it repeatedly, so you feel like you have to constantly point out how the stripe thickness/cuff detailing/fabric is slightly different.
4. A lot of the time you think you probably look a bit more like a sailor than a cool and chic French stereotype, but at this point you’re 100 per cent passed caring.
5. You’re genuinely worried that Facebook friends, Instagram or Twitter followers think you only wear one outfit.
6. When in doubt, you wear stripes. And not just classic black and white striped, we’re talking purple, pink, blue.
7. If ever someone asks for present suggestions for your birthday or Christmas, a striped t-shirt is safe option.
8. You’ve tried other ‘wardrobe staples’, but just don’t feel as comfortable in a blazer/white shirt/other important fashion pieces as you do in stripes. It just comes naturally to you.
9. There is nothing like an attractive man wearing stripes. It almost doubles his fitness levels.
10. The jokes about you “leaving your beret at home” are kind of boring now – and no, you don’t have French heritage (or maybe you do?).
Why I couldn’t resist dress? From ruffle detailing all over to a currently the most popular trend stripes of blue I’m obsessed with, it’s a perfect summer piece to have. Blue and white stripes keep it classic whilst the wide ruffled sleeves, wrap detail and frilled hem take it to the top of the fashion ladder for 2017. Just another great piece of art from Swedish designer Siri Vikman, mixing fresh designs with handpicked Parisian vintage in label Aéryne.
I love how this dress is super versatile and can be worn in many different ways for all sorts of occasions. As it has a shorter front you could easily wear it with a pair of denim, sandals, and a cross body.
I decided to keep the rest of the outfit simple with cute accessories (so obsessed with this perfectly matching bag!).
What about you guys, what are some of your current fashion obsessions? Let me know in the comments below!
GET THE LOOK
Dress: Aeryne Stripe Dress With Tie’s And Ruffle Sleeves
Shoes: ASOS HATTON GARDEN Embroidered Mules
Bag: South Beach Stripe Ruffle & Bow Straw Bag
Accessories: PRADA Minimal Baroque Round Sunglasses – Tortoiseshell | LOUBOUTIN Velvet Matte So Tango Lip | LOUBOUTIN Khol Vinyle Luminous Ink Liner | LOUBOUTIN Khol Les Yeux Noirs Amplifying Lacquer Mascara |SWAROVSKI Pierced Earrings, similar here